sábado, 31 de octubre de 2009

Another Year (A Short History Of Almost Something)


I tried to fall in it again, my friends took bets and disappeared. They mime their sighing violins, I think I'll wait another year. I want my chest pressed to your chest, my nervous systems interfere. Ten or eleven months have passed, I think I'll wait another year. This weather turns my tricks to rust, I am a lousy engineer. The winter makes things hard enough, I think I'll wait another year. Plus I'm only twenty-six years old, my grandma died at eighty-three. That's lots of time if I don't smoke. I think I'll wait another year. I'm not as callous as you think, I barely breath when you are near. It's not as bad when I don't drink, I think I'll wait another year. I have my new Bill Hicks CD, I have my friends and my career. I'm getting smaller by degrees, you said you'd help me disappear but that could take forever. I think I'll wait another year, it'll be the best year ever. I think I'll wait another year, can't we just wait together? You bring the smokes, I'll bring the beer! I think I'll wait another year.


No hay comentarios: